Monday 6 September 2010

Sssh, it’s a secret

I went to my first Secret Cinema on Saturday, and I'm still taking it all in. For this event the film was Lawrence of Arabia and the location was Alexandra Palace. For me, the film was a bit too epic - over three hours long! - but as a concept it worked brilliantly. The venue was perfect, transformed into an Arabian market place with food stalls and sand dunes, and amateur actors completed the façade as army officers and Arab soldiers.

At £30 a ticket it's not cheap, but you can really appreciate the planning and effort that goes into the event. I'll definitely be buying a ticket to the next one.

Arriving at Alexandra Palace

'Secret Cinema is a monthly gathering of all that love challenging and groundbreaking cinema, screening mystery films in extraordinary locations'. Find out more here and follow them on Twitter, @Secretcinema.

Inside, with the projection screen

No comments:

Post a Comment